Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts
Posted
Hi, I have questions about hand symbol with a little cross on Destiny page. The description says, that you return Skill card(s).

1. According to rulebook on page 18, returning a card means putting it back in it's place in it's original deck - for the skill cards, this means putting it back to it's deck in the box, right?

2. How is this any good? As far as I know, there is no limit of Skill cards in your Action deck, so loosing a skill card for good is always a bad thing. Or am I missing something?
Posted
1. Yes, correct.
2. At some point you might have many cards with good abilities and stars on them, and you might want to remove the cards with no stars on them (many of your starting cards), in order to increase your odds when performing an action and drawing cards. So you will have fewer cards in your deck, but the cards are more powerful and you therefore need to draw less.
Posted
Thank you, this makes sense.
Still, I would rather choose getting more cards then loosing them.
Posted
The 'upgrades' where you return skill cards from your deck seem to have been deliberately placed on the critical path to every permanent character upgrade, with no way to work around them. Since there are so many ways to earn more skill cards for your deck, it seems to have been intended as a balancing feature: if you want a permanent character upgrade later, you'll have to return skill cards now. A smart player turns that curse into a blessing by returning their weakest cards.
Forums/ The 7th Citadel/ Rules and Operating Points4 posts